Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Roasted Carrots (updated)

I finally got to try a new recipe. I'm so excited because I cooked carrots that I bought at the Corpus Christi Southside Farmer's Market this past Saturday AND I used fresh thyme from my new herb pot in my backyard. My mom emailed me a recipe for Roasted Baby Carrots and I used it on my carrots. I used EVOO (olive oil) instead of vegetable oil, and I cut my carrots so they'd be thinner and somewhat even since they were all different sizes. I wish I had taken a picture, but I was too busy trying to calm two hungry little ones.

My ingredients:
4 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 bag carrots

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 425ºF. Spray rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray.
2. Mix all ingredients except carrots in large bowl. Add carrots; toss to coat. Spread carrots in pan.
3. Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender.


My notes:
I think next time I'd use a little less olive oil for the same amount of carrots or stop myself from drizzling extra oil/thyme mixture on top. I'll definitely use fresh thyme again. It smelled wonderful in my kitchen.
I served mine with chicken breasts and Four Cheese Mashed Potoatoes (instant)...one step at a time here!

Update:
Now that I made these carrots again, I realized why I had too much oil the first time. I used 4 tablespoons instead of teaspoons! duh. Much better with the correct amount of oil. And I took pics this time.
6/4/2010

Before roasting:
After roasting:

No comments:

Post a Comment